The Refugee Council are delivering an online training session in "Trauma-informed practice with adult refugees and asylum seekers" on Wednesday 21 July 2021, 13:00–16:00.
This free training session is aimed towards GPs/primary care teams supporting residents in initial, temporary dispersal and contingency (hotel) accommodation in London. Spaces are limited so where possible please nominate one team member per practice. Depending on uptake, the opportunity will be shared again if spaces are available.
Course aims and objectives:
- Understanding the refugee experience
- The impact on psychosocial needs
- Empathic approach - cultural, gender and language considerations
- Barriers to accessing healthcare
- Therapeutic Care Model - learning from our experience
- Working with interpreters
- Vicarious trauma and preventing burnout.