GPAD practice data
- From 24 November 2022, NHS Digital is now publishing easy-to-use data showing how many appointments each practice in England is delivering and how long people wait between booking an appointment and receiving one. NHSE say “Patients will have more information available to choose the right practice for them. From November 2022, we will publish easy-to-use data showing exactly how many appointments each practice in England is delivering and how long people wait between booking an appointment and receiving one.”
- This is available via this dashboard: https://digital.nhs.uk/dashboards/gp-appointments-data-dashboard
- The number of booked appointments per 1000 patients is higher in NEL than London but lower than national average. There is significant variation across the patch. The data is only available over a short period and some of the variation seen between practices will be warranted and expected, because of differences in patient populations, workforce, geography and how a practice sets up its appointment system.
- We will be in touch about data quality best practice and what the data is telling us.
There has been some pick up in the media from this data already:
- North East London Practices were named in this story London's best doctors' surgeries for getting an appointment quickly https://www.mylondon.news/news/health/londons-best-doctors-surgeries-getting-25597652
- Some North East Practices were named in this more negative Daily Mail article https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11462995/Face-face-GP-appointments-highest-level-Covid-nationally.html
If you get contacted by the media do pass them to the NHS North East London Media Team at email@example.com