MH update for Newham
- Newham Talking Therapies is fully functional remotely and welcoming referrals.
- Adult MH/ABT is functioning but encouraging only urgent referrals. Non urgent can be discussed with named consultant first.
- Adult Crisis Service is fully functioning.
- MH older adults is accepting referrals but has reduced staffing
- CAMHS is accepting referrals.
- CAMHS crisis can be accessed byl duty team in hours 9am-5pm on 0208430900
- OOH via above 24 hour adult crisis service.
- Children's Eating disorders is running a reduced service and accepting urgent referrals only.
Antenatal, Sexual Health Service Update
Contraception and Sexual Health
- Offer ORAL contraception from the surgery if appropriate.
- LARC use extended. https://www.fsrh.org/news/fsrh-provision-larc-during-covid-19/
- alleast.nhs.uk Self-referral, Telephone appointments only no walk-in clinic.
- STI Screening (www. SHL.uk) for home testing kit – if symptomatic also to book telephone appointment with All East
- Emergency Contraception – Oral - surgery can issue or pharmacy under PGD or alternatively self-referral to All East for both EHC or IUD
- Advise self-referral through online form https://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/maternity#Making%20your%20first%20appointment%20-%20how%20to%20be%20referred
- Or alternatively surgery can refer the patient via eRS
- All pregnant women should still receive the pertussis vaccination (at 16 to 32 weeks gestation) – in surgery or at ANC.
Termination of pregnancy
- BPAS https://www.bpas.org/
- Patients can self-refer by phone or online – BPAS offering surgical TOPs at >10/40 and also offering medical TOPs with “Pills by Post”.