Newham Council is launching its first Ageing Well Strategy to improve the health and wellbeing of residents aged 50+ and reduce health inequalities.
Through engagement with Newham residents, different council teams and local health and community organisations, five priority areas have been identified and an action plan developed for each. These plans will ensure the council and its partners deliver meaningful changes to make Newham a place where all residents aged 50+ can be healthy and age well.
To mark the launch of the Strategy, residents are invited to a series of events to find out about services and activities to help you age well; and get involved in shaping services.
- Mature Money Wednesday on 13 July, 3-7pm at Highway Vineyard Church, 88a Romford Road, E15 4EH
- Ageing Well Community Festival on Tuesday 19 July, 11am-4pm Central Park (near the café) E6 3HW
- Planning and Preparing for Later Life on Wednesday 20 July, 10am-3pm at Canning Town Library, 18 Rathbone Market, E16 1EH
- Ageing Well At Home on Thursday 21 July, 3-7pm at the Resource Centre, 200 Chargeable Lane, E13 8DW
- Ageing Well and In the Know on Friday 22 July, 3-7pm at Beckton Globe Library, 1 Kingsford Way, E6 5JQ