As we continue with the NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) response, NHS London Shared Service Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) team has agreed with NHS England and NHS Improvement (London), to re-purpose the GP and Dental audits IPC SLA in order to support the changing needs of Primary Care.
This revised service model has been up and running since June 2020. Due to the COVID-19 booster vaccination drive in primary care, we are providing the following support:
1) Webinar sessions to provide IPC training, advice, and support to all staff working in GP surgeries and healthcare centres, on the following days:
GP IPC Training:
- Wednesday, 6 April 2022 13:00
- Wednesday, 20 April 2022 13:00
- Wednesday, 4 May 2022 13:00
- Wednesday, 18 May 2022 13:00
2) A weekly virtual drop-in clinic for IPC advice.
Drop in advice clinic:
- Wednesday, 13 April 2022 13:00
- Wednesday, 27 April 2022 13:00
- Wednesday, 11 May 2022 13:00
- Wednesday, 25 May 2022 13:00
3) ‘Hot Desk Support’. Please contact us at our generic mailbox at: firstname.lastname@example.org, if you require advice on:
- COVID-19 outbreaks/exposure incidents
- Vaccination clinics
- General IPC queries
All queries will be addressed by members of the team in a timely manner.
4) A weekly update on national changes to IPC, which is sent to the generic COVID-19 mailboxes of the five STP areas for onward dissemination with local primary care teams.