The improved referral pathway is now live.
This transition will provide the following benefits:
- Quicker referral process for GP referrers process
- Dummy slots will no longer be utilised, avoiding possible confusion for patients
- Patients will better understand the clinical triage service and possible triage outcomes with provision of the e_RS standard triage letter
- Clinical triage will occur prior to appointment booking
- One stop appointments for Audiology diagnostic and ENT on the same can be offered
- UBRNs will provide accurate information regarding the patient journey
- A&G can be provided to the referring GP direct to their ‘Referrer action required’ worklist instead of via email this improved pathway shortly.