Thursday September 16 2021: 1.30-3pm
With the ever-growing pressure placed on clinical leaders, especially Clinical Directors, the London Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team are delighted to be working with Dame Clare Gerada and Doctors in Distress to deliver this webinar for Clinical Directors to reflect on the demands of their role and how they practice compassionate leadership for their own well-being and to support their teams to deliver the best care possible for their patients.
This webinar will:
- Focus on selfcare for leaders
- Provide a safe space to reflect on how to look after yourself
- Consider how you can make the most of your personal resources to carry out your role and support your team
During the webinar, you will hear from Dame Clare Gerada and Dr Ananta Dave about their experiences of leading during the pandemic and their reflections on how they were best able to look after themselves during this time followed by breakout room sessions led by trained facilitators.
Doctors in Distress runs facilitated spaces for all NHS professionals to provide a safe place for them to discuss the emotional impact of their work. Doctors in Distress is passionate about instigating cultural change in the NHS to ensure that it is no longer taboo to discuss mental health.
The session will be facilitated by:
- Dame Clare Gerada is a GP who works in London. She established the Practitioner Health Programme to support doctors and dentists with mental health and associated issues. A former RCGP Chair, she is currently a member of the BMA Council and co-chair, with Sir Chris Ham, of the NHS assembly.
- Dr Ananta Dave is Medical Director and Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist at Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. As a recipient of the Churchill Fellowship in 2019 she travelled to the United States to study preventing doctor suicides.The importance of looking after staff wellbeing and providing non-stigmatising sensitive easily accessible mental healthcare for doctors and health professionals is a cause close to her heart
To register your place at this webinar please follow this link : Registration for Compassionate Leadership for Clinical Directors