In order to improve the referral pathway for referring GPs and patients, the BHR Community ENT Service are transitioning the Triage service on e_RS from the current "Telephone/Video assessment service" (TAS) to a "referral assessment service" (RAS).
This transition will provide the following benefits:
- Quicker referral process for GP referrers process
- Dummy slots will no longer be utilised, avoiding possible confusion for patients
- Patients will better understand the clinical triage service and possible triage outcomes with provision of the e_RS standard triage letter
- Clinical triage will occur prior to appointment booking
- One stop appointments for Audiology diagnostic and ENT on the same can be offered
- UBRNs will provide accurate information regarding the patient journey
- A&G can be provided to the referring GP direct to their ‘Referrer action required’ worklist instead of via email
Communitas clinics consultants will continue to clinically assess referrals within 72 hours of receipt and streamline referrals into the most appropriate onward clinical pathway.
Communitas Clinics’ administration team will then contact the patient to offer an appointment within the BHR Community ENT Service or choice of provider where secondary care treatment is necessary.
You will make referrals to the BHR Community ENT service in the same way as before, but you will no longer see "assessment service" listed with a bookable appointment slot, but instead "send for triage."
New triage service commences 1 May 2022 ( you can use the current TAS service until 30 April 2022)