Barts Health Outpatient Update
- The document attached outlines the current status of our diagnostics, therapies, maternity and dental services.
- We have restarted routine face-to-face outpatient appointments across many of our services for patients who need to be seen in person.
- We continue to offer telephone and video consultations for patients who do not require a face-to-face appointment.
- Many of our services do have significant backlogs and we are limited to how many patients can be seen due to infection control procedures. Our outpatient clinics will prioritise urgent patients and those with the longest waiting times.
- Please do continue to use Advice and Guidance (A&G) where appropriate.
- Use A&G for urgent referrals, clearly mark as urgent and please provide your phone number.
- Use A&G where a referral can be avoided and care can be provided in the community with consultant lead support.
- Use A&G if you are unsure if a referral is required.
- See the Advice and Guidance handbook for further support on using A&G and use the eRS queries mailbox for signposting to services on eRS or to follow up on A&G requests that remain unanswered after escalation to Barts Health