On 11 March the Vicarage Field and Broadway Theatre vaccination sites in Barking hit 100,000 COVID-19 vaccination doses!
A huge thanks to Together First CIC, the Barking and Dagenham Federation, and to all other colleagues involved in thismonumental undertaking and for their dedication to the vaccination effort.
The following received their vaccinations:
- 1792 people in their own home (one pharmacist carried out 653 of them)
- 1093 people in a care home (that same pharmacist carried out 490 of them)
- 590 people with no fixed address or in another homeless category
- 79,582 people from Barking & Dagenham, 8694 people from Redbridge, 3506 from Havering, and 3234 from Newham.
- Within Barking & Dagenham, 12,952 vaccinations were given to the people of Abbey Ward, 9436 to Gascoigne, 9343 to Longbridge and 9110 to Thames Ward
- Seven specialist clinics for people with Learning Disabilities or severe mental illnesses, were provided allowing them to be vaccinated in a custom designed clinic tailored to their needs.
Vaccination key facts:
- The oldest vaccinated person onsite was 108 years of age, youngest, just turned five years of age
- The closest home address to site was under 30 metres, the furthest was 565km (351 miles)
- 47.64% of doses given were to people in the most deprived fifth of England. 76.33% given to people in the most deprived 3/10ths of England
- Of 100,000 doses given, more than half were given by just six vaccinators. Including one nurse who has given nearly 15,000 doses.