Active Stars is a free, fun and family-focused healthy lifestyle course for 4 - 11 year olds and their families. The aim of this course is to create long-term healthy habits for all the family.
The next course will start on Monday 21 February. Due to COVID-19, Active Stars is currently being delivered by Zoom.
It’s a family-focused course and therefore parents need to be present and involved on a weekly basis. Questionnaires and measurements will be taken to support progress.
There will be an opportunity to receive prizes, rewards, physical activity equipment and cooking utensils to support families their journey.
The course includes:
- Learning healthy lifestyle changes to support the whole family to feel healthier and happier.
- Discovering delicious and nutritious meals that the whole family will enjoy.
- Expert nutritionists to answer any questions and help families to work towards positive long term change.
- Meeting other families and working together as a team to support each other on their healthy journeys.
- Understanding the benefits of being a healthy weight and support with positive behaviour change.
What is involved:
- Healthy eating sessions; learning how to make healthy snacks, cook healthy family meals and how to be sugar smart.
- Physical activities – games, dance, fun circuits and much more!
- Fun physical activities for children, suitable for the whole family.
There will be 3, 6 and 12 month follow up activity days offered to support families to achieve long term positive change.
Children can be referred through schools, GP’s, health professionals or parents. For further information or to complete an online referral form please visit www.visionrcl.org.uk/activestars. Any questions please email email@example.com